Saturday 25 June 2011

23. Prom!

The last few days have been filled with prom preparation and revision, on Wednesday i had my last exam, which was Textiles. It seemed to go ok but some of the questions were pretty impossible to waffle through as you had to know the fact to answer it, but there is no harm in guessing. Most of it was ok though apart from the few bad questions.

Then after the exam it was prom preparation, to be honest the most preparation i had to do was mental preparation! I don't know what i was worried about!

Friday was prom, i got picked up by a friend at 7 and then we got to the venue at around quarter to eight. And everyone was there we went late, the arrival time was 7:30-8. We didn't go in anything fancy and we are glad we didn't as it would have been a waste of money, it was raining you see and everyone was inside and you couldn't see the transport anyway! On the way me and my friend were actually pretty scared well i was more excited (i say now) but my friend felt sick XD When we got inside, it was the usual friendly welcome from everyone! and at first glance everyone did look really nice, and when i had more of a chance to look at people after the chaos of arriving i still thought everyone looked really nice! I'm glad everyone made the effort and we all did look really nice.. i am saying really nice a alittle too much!
The head of year gave a speech and handed out a few sarcastic awards for worst dressed ( like the worst uniform) and that, obviously i didn't get one because my uniform is always perfect XD
Next we went to get our "professional photographs" taken which was good but we waited in the que for a while and we couldn't even come back later when it wasn't so busy as the woman said she was only going to do it between certain times... So me and my best best friend had one together and my and my other best friends had one the second being with about i think it was 9 or 10 of us (cant be bothered to count) The only bad thing about the photos were everyone was sooo hot it was unbelievable especially waiting while she fiddled around with everyone dresses and that! Gosh... And also the rest of the year group were all gathered around looking while the photo was taken! which was very off putting and i bet the photos arnt as good as they could have been now!
After they were done it was pretty much dancing for at least 3 hours straight! well with the odd item dipped in chocolate and we also had alittle food, there was a hog roast and it was actually a pig on a stick, which i didn't really expect.
Anyway everyone was dancing and getting into it and to be honest i didn't really care what people thought of me seen as its the last time we are to be all together, me and my friends were pretty wild! Especially me I'm not sure what really got into me! The songs were good as well ranging from moden to the oldies which are always fun! My feet were hurting by the end of the night even though i was in flats i got a blister from the shoes, well not a blister but i can see it was on the verge of being one!
We had the the last song which for some reason was the Bear necessities from the jungle book, which was a strange choice, it all finished at around 12:30 am
We texted my dad to pick us up and it is a far distance to even get near the place from my dads house! and it was also hard to find! i am surprised he want later, i had to ask people from the venue to help with directions! haha the DJ was also talking to us fr awhile and got into a convo with us and it was strange but he was nice hahha.... we ended up getting to my friends house at umm it was after 2am maybe closer to 3 am? And we sat and talked for awhile and then at about 5 we passed out.. I fell asleep really quickly! I'm not surprised with all that dancing!
When i woke up this morning the top of my legs and feet hurt, and still do alittle! it was a real workout =P
Overall prom exceeded my expectations and i thought it really was an amazing night dancing with everyone and just everyone let their hair down! Really a night to remember!

Zara x

No comments:

Post a Comment