Sunday 15 May 2011

11. Practice for my English PAPER 1 EXAM

I have the GCSE English Paper one exam tomorrow, which consists of  Media and non fiction text which we will recive two articels or something along the lines of an articel and we have to answer questions on them for an hour, mainly linguistic and presentational devices and for section B of the exam we have 45 mins to answer a questions eather to xplain, describe or inform.
Im not at all good at English so i will give it the best i have, here is alittle pactice question our teacher gave to to try, i will be trying out the Section B- Describe question.

Describe how you think you will feel when you finish your GCSE examinations.

Planning---

F- Description
L- AFOREST
A- People my age who are experiancing the same as me, or someone who wants to see in the eyes of a student.
P- To let people see how i am feeling
S- .....Paragraphs

A- Alliteration or anecdotes (you can back up something which your experiece a short story)
F- Facts (can be made up)
O- Opinions!!
R- Rhetorical Question
E- Emotive wording
S- Superlatives (over the top language)
T- Tipels (rule of three)

NEED TO REMEMBER THESE!!!


Examinations for any high school student should be the biggest milestone yet to be experienced, in our short academic careers. For me especially, someone who has tried hard thought their school career, the next few weeks will determine whether I attend college or be stuck on a dead end, minimal wage job. This may be a little extreme to some but for other students my age the same thoughts run through our mind day in, day out. The one thing we all really fear is, who knows what will happen?  

Five years it has taken to climb the high school food chain, It’s taken family, friends and teachers to make it. Being at the top isn’t exactly what I expected. The stress, deadlines and time consuming essays have made my social life none existent.  

Seeing the end of the line has changed my opinion on not only the past but the future, I can see the wasteful days I can spend just relaxing in the sun with friends talking about what happened during the examination process. And also how everything high school has taught me not only educational ways but experience with characters, i may have never been able to meet, will help me develop my way of thinking and attitude towards my life.
We all know that we cannot change the past, only make do and be the best we can  from the results we have achieved, which will later help us through the next stage of life.


Unlike my fellow students who will be exhilarated when the final minuet of the last exam approaches, I will be sad to see the past five years pass me by. The last time me, my friends and the class of 2011 will be together. Even though in exam conditions I am sure somewhere deep inside the others they will later realise the same as i have.



Time up, I feel I went off the question a little too much =S and I also could have used more advanced language, I can now see why I should have started revision before the day before the exam HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment